RECIPES

Thursday 29 August 2024

New Glasses And Fleas

Firstly, thankyou for all the kind comments on my artwork yesterday.  I was quite overcome by them all.
I had an appointment with SpecSavers this morning for some new glasses.
There were hardly any shoppers about when I arrived, but this had changed by the time a very patient man had finished helping me choose new frames.
Now I have to wait for two weeks before I can collect them. 

Our two cats had to be treated for fleas again today - something they both heartily detest.
I would have thought it was too cold for fleas, but we have dogs living either side of us so I'm wondering if that is where they're coming from. 
Later on, I asked Mittens if she had forgiven us and she interrupted her toilette to say she was still thinking about it. 

I know she'll get over it, as she always does - especially if there is some food on offer!
Margaret xx 



5 comments:

  1. WE always used drops on their necks which protected from fleas and tics, both cats were happy to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog fleas and cat fleas are different, but they can get dormant flea eggs from long grass, or some that didn't get killed in the first treatment. There is some magic number of days to do a followup treatment to get newly hatched eggs but i can't remember. Mr T hated it too but we only ever found fleas on him once (he just got precautionary treatment once a year or so). Poor Mittens, i hope she forgives you when she realizes the itching stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats hated it! I am waiting a bit to get new glasses but I want some. Fir the first time I got glasses that are just not right, but it is something I can live with for a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any fleas on Miss Kitty but she had a precautionary treatment recently. She's so suspicious of anything a bit out of the ordinary so even the drops on her neck had to be accompanied by her fav. treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do they know. It’s like the can hear the boxes opening. It’s just a squirt of liquid to the back of their heads. But they act like I sliced them open. Drama queens

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx