RECIPES

Thursday 1 August 2024

Can You Hear Me?

I was offered a free hearing check by Bay Audiology and had it this morning. 
Of course, like virtually every person my age, I have hearing loss.  Nothing major, and I'm not concerned about it. The test just sets a benchmark for any future testing. 

I visited a family member afterwards and saw this gorgeous show of lachenalias in the garden. 

We continue to watch the Olympics and thoroughly enjoyed the men's triathlon.  Swimming, cycling, running - each section had its highlights. 
But what a finish!  I'm sure we weren't the only ones cheering these amazing athletes on.

May your home be cozy and comfortable, a haven of peace and joy.
Margaret xx 


HEADER PHOTO AUGUST 2024

This month’s header photo is of the boat sheds on the shores of Lake Rotoiti at Okere Falls, near Rotorua.  It was photographed in 2023.







7 comments:

  1. A beautiful header photo Margaret.
    I too have had the regular (free) check ups - for over 10 years now, as when DH was alive he needed their services, and as a spouse I had free checks way back... like you I have some minimal but stable hearing loss.
    Yes, the olympics are quite riveting at times
    Hope you back is improving
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine, the back is improving. Doctor has changed my painkillers and they are helping a lot. Now just have to be patient and let the fracture heal properly. Mxx

      Delete
  2. Australia gives each older citizen 1000 AUD for hearing aid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have some hearing loss, but have not been tested. Those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the NZ women’s rugby. The defeated Canada for the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I should probably have my hearing checked as well. They offer it free at Sam's Club, but it usually busy with a line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe check when you stop hearing the fish splashing? :D

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx