RECIPES

Tuesday 20 August 2024

White Mint Slice Gelato

Three of us went out for lunch today, at Burger Burger in Made Market at Hamilton East.

Afterwards we wandered around the artisan shops, bought some Old Fashioned Beef sausages for tea, and a jar of Feijoa & Ginger jam.  'Foraged' focus their business on sustainability, preserving excess seasonal produce gathered from their local community at Raglan. 


Finally, we finished off with a Gelato each.  Many places sell Gelato but, believe it or not, I have never tried it before.  I chose White Mint Slice flavour - it was refreshingly delicious!

I think I will need to be careful now, or I may just become a Gelato addict!
Margaret xx 




11 comments:

  1. A burger always sounds good to me...I have never had a gelato either. I bet it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve looked online for Feojia as I’d not heard of it and I’m sure the jam is delicious. I first discovered gelato years ago on a trip to Italy and was delighted to find some in a little ice cream parlour run by Italians in a small town in the Ardeche in France. It is becoming more popular I believe. Mint sounds lovely, my favourite is Limone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe some places call feijoas Pineapple Guavas. How lovely to find a parlour like that :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day with friends, Margaret - I love what Foraged does in using surplus... and yes, Gelato is rather yum....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your food photos. They look so good! And 'old fashioned' sausages. They sound like an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love community projects that use the seasonal excess. And I can't wait to grow my own feijoas. Sounds like it was a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gelato is not as available as ice cream here. So good though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've tried Gelato either. White Mint Slice sounds so good 💗.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t had gelato for years!
    It’s lovely and refreshing on a hot summers day

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx