RECIPES

Sunday 4 August 2024

Early Morning

Our days are growing longer - hopefully that means that the worst of our winter is over.


The morning sun made some interesting shadows. 


However, it did not take long for the sun to disappear behind the clouds. 

What a great excuse to settle down for several hours and watch a replay of the Men's Road Cycle Race at the Olympics. 

I think I enjoyed watching all the passing chateaux more than the actual race!

The French countryside was beautiful, as were some of the old buildings in Paris.
It was thrilling to see how many spectators turned out to cheer on the cyclists.

I love these opportunities to see what other countries (and their people) look like.
Margaret xx 



5 comments:

  1. Sunday morning and I'm watching Mens Hockey Quarter-final. GB v India.
    Another sport never seen on TV at any other time of the year. Only a week of sport left - sadly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed yesterday that our days are getting shorter. Time rolls on. Nice having the Olympics to watch on winter days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we may well have some more frosts ahead, Margaret, but the days are definitely, finally, lengthening. Yes, the clouds were a nuisance, but at least they cleared and we got a good afternoon.
    I was up your way this afternoon, road tripping with a friend to pick up some trees from Wairere Gardens and then a quick stop at Spotlight on the way home - and I didn't spend a cent :)
    The French chateaux look amazing!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Olympics are a wonderful phenomenon in a world in turmoil in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live that shadow shot! The sky looks interesting in the first....

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx