RECIPES

Saturday 17 August 2024

Wilderland Organics

What an incentive to be up by dawn every morning! The light here is amazing and changes so rapidly.
My personal Dawn Show began like this at 6.45am.

Twenty minutes later the mist had cleared, the sun rose, and the day had arrived. 

After two days of more-activity-than-usual, today I needed to have a rest.
That didn't stop me from visiting Wilderland Organics though, to stock up on raw honey. Unfortunately they were out of comb honey, so I only purchased a jar of raw honey sourced from wild flowers.


The rest of the day I put my feet up, pottered on the laptop, and watched people on the beach until the rain chased most of them indoors. 

As the rain got heavier, the wind increased. The sea is no longer calm, although the waves are still small.

The wind whistles around our building, making it sound stormier than it is.
We have the heat pump going, and our unit is snuggly and cosy. 
It's a perfect way to enjoy stormy weather. 
Margaret xx 



11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your rainy day and your honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try that meadow honey. The sunrise is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful break Margaret - that honey looks delicious!
    I went through to the Women's Expo on Hamilton today with a friend, my daughter and grand daughter - It was a busy exhibition, but enjoyable. Thankfully although it was wet, it wasn't windy. We stopped at Over The Moon Cheeses in Putaruru on the way home...bliss....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheese shop is now on my places-to-visit list :)

      Delete
    2. Let mw know when you head that way, and I can pop through to meet you there for a coffee...

      Delete
  4. Wildflower honey sounds delicious. It's good to have a restful day and you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being with your girl, you can weather any storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I c ou oukd ho and be content to watch the day approach. Both if those shots are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had wildflower honey but it was nowhere near as dark as yours. The only honey that dark that we have is buckwheat ( which is, I think, the only honey I dislike). I looked for honey in the comb this summer but have not found any :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx