RECIPES

Friday 9 August 2024

Foggy Dewdrops

Fog continues to plague us most mornings. 
There is still beauty to be found, though, like these dewdrops on the leaves of the grapefruit tree.  They had been formed by the fog as there had been no rain overnight.


It was 7 degrees Celsius with 95% humidity at 9am, when I took these photos.

Millie found the best spot to enjoy the warmth remaining from the fire.

The fog partially lifted after lunch and the sun shone through the clouds for a while.
I was thrilled to discover these hyacinths blooming amongst son's garden of potted grasses.

My back is still preventing me from doing very much, which makes finding pleasure in little things each day a very precious joy.
Margaret xx 

11 comments:

  1. The pouring rain can be refreshing or melancholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Foggy photos
    Hope your back problems ease soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I :)
      Apparently it takes about 6 to 12 weeks for a fracture to heal - I'm hoping to be at the shorter end!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your back is still troubling you Margaret. You certainly have found some beauty in the day with these beautiful photos. I also love hyacinths, so I can understand you pleasure at finding them. Although the fog is nasty to experience so often, you have caught some beautiful photos of it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many spring flowers have beautiful scents - I got son to lift the pot of hyacinths onto the deck table so I can smell them better!

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, Margaret! Back problems control much of my life too. Still…we soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that second foggy shot! Mittens has the best idea. I sure hate that you have the problem with your back. I, too, hope it is over in the shorter time frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't had much fog, the odd day here and there but it definitely feels like Spring here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow cats can find the coziest spots to nap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, sure hope your back pain goes away. I know how back problems can get you down. Your header picture is simply beautiful! The dew drops on the leaves are so pretty. Almost looks like a heavy rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx