RECIPES

Thursday 22 August 2024

Fabulous Fun

What a fabulously fun family outing we had today.
Daughter shouted myself and her siblings to a High Tea at the Zealong Tea Estate at Gordonton. 

It was fun right from the start, as we took silly photos of each other with the teapot/teacup dragon in the carpark. 

For my  tea, I chose a Lady Gatsby blend of Manuka leaf, rose petals and cinnamon.  It had a delicate lightly floral taste and was very easy to drink.

We were each given nine morsels of different items to eat.  The names made them sound quite exotic, but were, I admit, sometimes beyond my skill at being able to identify what I was eating!  Perhaps if I spoke French it may have helped?
First there was black truffle croque-monsieur, a duck rillette in carrot and black tea mousseline, and a mushrooms and parmesan tartelette.

Then came a tiger prawn roll, a roasted pumpkin and buffalo ricotta barbajuan, and smoked salmon on potato rosti.

Finally, we came to the sweet course, with a chestnut and blackcurrant profiterol with a dab of gold leaf, a chocolate hazelnut praline macaron, and an apple and cinnamon tart.

Eating such interesting (and delicious) food was a great experience, but what will remain with me will be the memory of how much fun we all had as we savoured our meal together. 
It was a precious and unforgettable time of being together.
Margaret xx 

13 comments:

  1. Wow what a lot of lovely looking tasters. Those family memories are worth every mouthful. Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those family times are so precious - I had all the family (NZ) together here a Matariki, and we went to a 3-D art gallery in Rotorua.
    That high tea looks amazing, and sounds tasty also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 3-D art gallery sounds intriguing :)

      Delete
    2. It was fascinating - all the more so as we went with the grandchildren. You need to go with someone else to get the benefit of it, as the 3-D effect only really shows in photos

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend a family day. Somewhere very different from your usual tea house

    ReplyDelete
  4. And family all together. The opportunities for that get vanishingly rare as we age unless we focus on making it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun...and you will get so much enjoyment from remembering the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds lovely and the food looks delicious! Not anyone’s regular fare by the look of it. What great memories you made together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I’m drooling. Love the dragon train

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day you had. Happy memories to savour, was good as the food. That has gone on my Must Do list ... I refuse to call it a bucket list, because I don't intent to curl up my toes when I've ticked them off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day of fun, food and lots of laughter. The High Tea looks interesting but to a vegetarian not all that tempting except the sweet course. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say they will cater to different dietary requirements (we were asked if we had any) so you would probably still have something to eat apart from the sweeties!

      Delete
  10. Wow look at all the interesting foods, I have heard of a macaron but never tried one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx