RECIPES

Saturday 3 August 2024

Dehydrating Apples

Imagine a bag of yummy Pink Lady organic apples - sweet, crisp, juicy. Even the smell was great, and I simply had to purchase a bag.
It is a long time since I last dehydrated apples, and yet I love having them on hand as snacks.

The apple peeler/corer/slicer makes for easy preparation.  Simply slice the prepared apple in half and place the pieces on the drying tray.
(They can be dipped in lemon juice to stop browning, but I don't bother with this)

Then it was into the dehydrator at the 60degC fruit setting, until dried. 


I like mine more on the crispy side than the leathery side, so drying these took about 12 hours.

These apple bits are for snacking on so I'm not worried about keeping them long-term. 
An airtight jar will do just fine!

Happy snacking - and don't eat them all at once!
Margaret xx 






7 comments:

  1. Fruit dry chips are so addictive

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I've never thought of drying anything. I'll keep it in mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid, we dried them in a white sack,cloth if course, and lad it in the sun. It took days. But I dont remember how long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never dried apples but you make me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those will be delicious! I use that exact peeler/slicer as well. Our apples are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to dry apple slices every year. For some reason I stopped but I still have my dehydrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy dried apples as well, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx