RECIPES

Monday 26 August 2024

Crumpets For Breakfast

Breakfast, for me, is usually fruit and muesli, but this morning I decided on a change and had crumpets.
Warmed in the toaster, then slathered with butter and golden syrup that melts down into them, crumpets are delicious and rather messy to eat.
Having hot buttery syrup dribbling down your chin is a very real danger!

As the seasons change, it is interesting to watch the sun rise each morning from a different place on the horizon. 
For us, it no longer rises behind a tree and thus now shines fully into the kitchen early each morning. 

I have begun an overhaul of my wardrobe, something I've not done for a few years (I used to do it at least yearly).
My drawers were bursting with clothing, half of which I forgot I even owned.
This is my thrift-shop pile so far - and it is still growing!

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable day. 
Margaret xx 

11 comments:

  1. Crumpets and buttery syrup, that's the way I like them too - even with the resulting sticky chin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must sort out my wardrobe. The last time I attempted it I only got rid of about 3 things and kept hold of lots of things that I might wear 'one day'. I don't think I have worn any of them since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap, I too had crumpets for breakfast with lots of butter and Marmite. an indulgent breakfast for a bank holiday in Suffolk. Poppy had a quick lick of the plate as well! Hugs from us x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my young working years, I love crumpets. Convenient for night shift

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love crumpets with butter and honey. The dawning sun ball is marching south along our eastern horizon every morning, and getting up later! Good to have a clean-out once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve got to clear out my closet. I hate that job. You did well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I never knew what a crumpet was. Looks somewhat like and English muffin. I bet they would be good with some jelly on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up crumpet.. did not actually know what they are. Yours sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve never had a crumpet - it looks like our English muffins - but I’m sure there’s a difference! Anyway it sounds like a terrific way to start the day! And yes sorting clothes can be quite the job-- but donating means someone else will benefit from them. You’re a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Organizing your wardrobe can be very rewarding ; you feel like the clothes that remain are ones you like and will actually wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked at the crumpets this morning in the supermarket - and decided one is ok, but one a day for x number of days - nah.
    Yes, I have also noticed how the sun's pattern is altering with the change of season - for me it is in the afternoon/evening that I see it.
    With moving and having limited space, a+I have 'culled' my wardrobe quite drastically these last few years.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx