RECIPES

Tuesday 30 July 2024

More Olympics

At the risk of being boring, my day still consists of watching Olympic replays. 
I began with the exciting men's mountain biking - the end of the race literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat!

Then it was on to equestrian jumping. 
This was New Zealander Clarke Johnstone clearing one of the jumps.

The canoe slalom finals were also great to watch. The contestants have to navigate through a series of hanging gates in river-rapids conditions. 
This is harder than it sounds, and over 15,000 cheered them on.

It is great to have so much to watch while I'm immobile, but my attention span is starting to waver a bit. 
I'm not used to sitting around this much!
Margaret xx 




7 comments:

  1. I'm watching far too much too,but tell myself it's only once every 4 years and make the most of it.
    GB won the mens mountain biking and the team eventing! - how's NZ doing for medals? I shall have a look

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched much the same as you yesterday, it's a bit too hot to sit outside at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cheering on NZ rowers at the moment. I hope there will be some medals tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going ti say if you were near I would share my puzzles but sitting working a jigsaw puzzle is probably not the best idea for your back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care, Margaret. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you are going to be down, at least you have something entertaining to watch! We caught a few minutes of the jumping, but that has been it for us lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is terrific that the Olympics are on while you’re resting - you’re seeing so much more than we are! But then I’m only settling in each evening, last night it was mostly women’s gymnastics. Hope you recover quickly, until then, soak up the extra TLC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx