RECIPES

Monday 29 July 2024

Bad Back

After injuring my back again last week, there is not much I have been able to do except watch television. 
If nothing else, it is a great excuse for watching a lot of Olympic replays (daytime Paris is nighttime here).
I've been enjoying watching the surfing and windsurfing, 


And swimming and gymnastics. 

Chateau de Versailles is a beautiful setting for the equestrian events.

I thought the equestrian cross-country was spectacular.  My favourite part was the Stag Jump, which looked so pretty set among the trees.

There has been rowing, canoe slalom, a spot of tennis, and lots of cycling.

And I really loved watching the women's mountain bike session. 

I've always only ever been a couch-potato sports person, but that doesn't stop me appreciating how much work and effort all these athletes put into their chosen sports. 
It is a joy to watch them.
Margaret xx 






14 comments:

  1. Hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you had injured your back Margaret - not nice at all! Praying for a rapid and full recovery
    I have seen a few minutes of the Olympics, but I am not a great fan of them these days - I did end up watching some of the canoe slalom - that was incredible
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as though you get wider coverage than us. We did watch the rowing yesterday. Kiwis are doing well and we have a Greek out front as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. With so many different sports, it's an entertaining time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I injured and tore the right thigh muscle. Nursing injury at home watching Vikings lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has been watching a lot.. I really really love gymnastics but have not watched much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much worse than a bad back. Sure hope you get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Margaret, take care of yourself...take it slow until you're feeling better. And if you have to be resting now, what a great variety of Olympics to enjoy - so much better than the boring every day stuff! Take care, feet up, cat on your lap, fire crackling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watched the horse cross country as well, that has been our favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think of the parents too and their commitment over the years, taking kids to practice, tournaments and meets. Hard work all around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I can watch and enjoy all the sports without having to join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no poor you, about the only back issue I have going on is my sciatic which twinges once in a while, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your back feels better soon. Meanwhile keep watching the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh bad backs are the worst. I have chronic back pain and somedays just walking is a chore.
    I hope your feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx