RECIPES

Wednesday 3 July 2024

The Scent Of Olden Days

I inherited this tiny glass vase from my grandmother.  I can remember her using it to display little posies of violets.
My tiny violet patch only provided these few flowers, but they are enough to spread sweet fragrance through my bedroom. 

I did some more stitching on my apron.
It was difficult dealing with the gathers, and I'm wondering if it would have been easier using pleats.

I managed to get it stitched up anyway.
Not much left to finish now.

After a lovely sunny day, the temperature is now dropping.  Frosts are forecast for the morning. 
It might be a good morning to sleep-in!
Margaret  xx

8 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see your sewing progress of your apron. And it's great to have something nice in the works.
    I like the color and pattern of your fabric.
    Beautiful sweet bouquet of flowers in your little glass vase.
    Frost sounds like a warm sweater - I wish you a nice day.
    Many greetings come from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet shot with the vase and its history...and glad tomsee the progress on the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers from the garden in winter! If only…

    The apron is looking good, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really coming along and looking good. Love your little posy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love real violets. We have dog violets - no scent. Such a disappointment. That apron has shaped up quickly - looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the frost won't decimate your violets. They look so cute in your grandmother's little vase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apron is looking good, Margaret. Sometimes pleats are easier than gathers. Love the pretty little vase and the pretty flowers. I suspected it was a bit cold here this morning, too, although nowhere near as cold as it would have been where you live. I didn't stick my nose outside until after 10 to see if it was or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recall gathers from High School sewing, I didn't like them at all. Looks like you have them under control!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx