RECIPES

Monday 1 July 2024

Comfort Food

Dreary days get me down a bit.  
On Saturday we had fog for most of the day.  On Sunday, we had a thick blanket of fog over us all day.
Today, Monday, the fog has been replaced with low cloud and a threat of heavy rain.
I decided lunch was a good time to have some Comfort Food!

Waffles were my choice.
We have a mini-waffle maker, and my recipe makes 4 small waffles.

It is an easy recipe.
In a jug, whisk together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt, 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk.
Melt 1.5oz butter and mix in. Leave to stand in the fridge for about an hour before using.

This time, I ate mine with butter and maple syrup, but they go well with any topping.

Sometimes you just need a little bit of sweet stuff to make the day better.
Margaret  xx


HEADER PHOTO JULY 2024
This month's photo is of the Band Rotunda in Queens Park, Invercargill.   The photo was taken in 2008 after I had spent a pleasurable day wandering around this wonderful park.




7 comments:

  1. Waffles are one of my favorites! Except covered with strawberries and whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy does that look good, with butter and maple syrup, yum! Comfort indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini waffle maker looks a great size. Love the waffles my DD makes - as they have to be gluten free she makes them... but they are a favourite Sunday tea. And one is enough in her full size waffle maker!
    Yes, the past few days certainly have been bleak, foggy and cold here too...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I alwayaxgrowcweary of day after day of dreary weather. But inwill take a waffle any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could go for a couple of those this AM. It is quite cool and dewy for a July morning here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header. Hope the fog lifts, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's nice to see so many band rotundas around the country, I've come across quite a few over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx