RECIPES

Tuesday 23 July 2024

Some Winter Joy

July is our main month of winter.
I was reading we should consciously look for the beauty that can be found in each season, so I went looking.
I discovered the intricate tangle of branches on this mature leafless silver birch.


Daphne odora, my favourite July flower, is now in full bloom.

There is joy in seeing the sun shine again, as the fog bank rolls away.

Some mornings there are dramatic sunrises.

Then there are days when the sun never shines and it rains and rains and rains, and I can curl up inside with a good book.

On some days though, winter gives us clear blue skies and mellow sunshine. 

Appreciating each season is great, but let us also remember to search each day to find something beautiful in our life.
Margaret xx 

9 comments:

  1. Well you certainly found the beauty in every situation.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least sunny and clear sky. More pleasant that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see the bare tree's, their structures are beautiful, our Magnolia tree in the back garden is as beautiful in the winter without leaves as in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can deal with winter as long as I have lots of sunshine and not weeks of not seeing the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is absolutely gorgeous – I have never seen that before. You’re right, there’s always something beautiful to be found. We just have to look for it. A good reminder to slow down and appreciate those little things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Every day on the green side of the sod is a reason to enjoy what is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you found the joy! Reading a good book on a cloudy day sounds pretty joyful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your winters are much like ours with the days of endless rain except your temperatures are somewhat milder.
    I always admire the bare leafless trees in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret, I agree that rainy days are perfect for reading. And, I think you have done well in finding the joy around, especially with that sunrise image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx