RECIPES

Sunday 7 July 2024

Finished Apron

We had another good frost this morning, accompanied by a thick fog.
The sun finally broke through about 11 o'clock, and I took advantage of it by finishing the sewing on my apron.
This is the first time I have sewn a whole garment by hand.

Mittens enjoys keeping me company while I stitch.

Last night we watched rugby - the All Blacks just managed to beat England (16-15).
The game began with the All Blacks doing their traditional haka.


The haka is a form of dance that was originally designed by Maori to put fear into the hearts of their opponents.  
I'm not sure if it still does that, but it is certainly exciting to watch.

Our first jonquil has burst into flower.

Its flowering is a gentle reminder that winter will pass and spring will come again.
Margaret xx 


11 comments:

  1. Your apron is lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apron is very pretty, you should smile every time you wear it. Our 'summer' is moving quickly, sadly it's been so far wet and windy, not summer at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go All Blacks. We have been watching the Tall Blacks in the playoffs for the Olympic games. Unfortunately they're out but I enjoyed watching them, the anthem and the haka

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is just so cute! Do you ever watch movies o ru tv shows when dresses were long and full skirts and think about at that time ever stitch was sewn by hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have. It makes one realise why folk owned so few clothes!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful apron, and a very good job to sew it by hand! An apron with a fabric to make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your winter, Margaret! Our late spring is similar but not really…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job on the apron. You will be proud to wear your handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The apron looks great. I have never done any hand sewing ( except maybe a hem) but I can imagine all those tiny stitches. A daffodil blooming so soon? I'm amazed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty apron Margaret - well done on completing it, by hand!
    We also had a hard frost - 4oC with unfortunately just a brief fling of sunshine about 1pm - we hit a 'high' of
    7 oC!!
    The jonquils are so colourful - my friend has a daffodil out - I have one daffodil bud, as yet..
    Tinker loves sitting in the sun with me, when there is some sunshine - thankfully there was some today.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw haka when I was in New Zealand.... terrifying!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx