RECIPES

Saturday 27 July 2024

Paris Olympics 2024

It was foggy again this morning and perfect for sitting and watching a delayed live broadcast of the Olympic opening ceremony. 
I was able to do this as son maintains a subscription to Sky Sport.

I thought the ceremony had been well thought out and was quite spectacular at times. 

It was a novel idea having the athletes all arrive by boat. 
This was our New Zealand team.


Mittens, as usual, was not impressed with me watching TV.

There were speeches and awards and the usual entertainment shows.
The grande finale was, of course, the lighting of the Olympic cauldron. It was based on a hot air balloon, Paris being the first city in the world to ever launch one.

I wish all the athletes a safe and happy time, and look forward to seeing some of the competitions on Sky over the next couple of weeks.
Margaret xx 



8 comments:

  1. There were others in the house who got up to watch, live, but I didn't., partly because I slept late. About all I watch are the opening and closing ceremonies ...
    It certainly was not a day to be outdoor early - we also had fog here for most of the morning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not wait for it. I just watched it on Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched it this morning as well. Hubby had recorded it. A relaxing way to spend a damp morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ceremony was spectacular but went on for far too long and most of it had us scratching our heads as to what it was all about. Today Ive just seem Emma Twig easily win her heat. Go kiwis

    ReplyDelete
  5. That balloon is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of Mittens you post! We watched the opening ceremony too. A world-wide event. It is great that something besides tragedy brings people together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We missed the opening ceremony, I will have to look it up and see how Lady Gaga did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched the opening ceremony as well - creative, colorful, and I agree with local alien above - not sure I understood it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx