RECIPES

Friday 19 July 2024

A Perfect Pie Day

Today was great for umbrellas! Light rain, a bit heavier at times, with no wind.


At 10am we had 100% humidity and the temperature was sitting at 9 degrees Celsius. 

Son helped me put up the new curtains in the spare room.
Mittens decided to photo-bomb my curtain shoot.

We needed to go to the shops afterwards, so I bought us each a mince and cheese pie for lunch.
It was a perfect day for a hot pie!

It has kept raining all afternoon, so I've just been pottering around indoors.
I think we will have nice and simple poached eggs on toast for dinner.
Margaret xx 



14 comments:

  1. It's certainly been 'that sort of day' Margaret.... very similar weather and temperature here!! I have kept myself busy typing up minutes - it feels like hours and hours of them!!
    Love Mittens photo-bombing - a striking addition to the lovely curtains :)
    It was soup for lunch today, and I haven't figured out my "dinner for one" yet as the family are all out
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't get a photo - Mittens was everywhere! :)

      Delete
  2. Mittens is quite a nice subject! I want to look up what your temperature is in Fahrenheit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, a lovely hot pie day. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good lunch and rain is almost always good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is loving it - good steady light rain, and it is soaking in well :)

      Delete
  5. I'm such a glutton. Any day is a good day for pie!!!
    I like the sheer curtains ( and sweet Mittens).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say that I've ever had a mince and cheese pie. In fact, I need to go look up what mince is. Looks good though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx