RECIPES

Friday 17 June 2022

Rusty Loves Me

 

I had a lovely visit with Rusty (and his owner!) yesterday afternoon.  He always gets so excited when he hears my car arrive, and races around the room when I enter. 

Maybe he has an ulterior motive though, as he loves having someone throw his soft toy so he can chase after it.




Taking photos of Rusty can be quite difficult as he is rather camera shy.  When your face disappears behind some machine and then it clicks at you, his ears go flat and he starts to shake.

Poor Rusty.




Rusty’s owner and I did some family tree research together.  We thought we had discovered a West Indies cotton plantation owner (complete with slaves) in an off-branch of the family, but further research showed that this was incorrect.

It is a bit like a treasure hunt discovering what happened among the family all those years ago.  I don’t think I will ever completely rid myself of the thrill of that hunt.

How can you not love finding Skeletons in the Family Closet?

Margaret 😊

 

10 comments:

  1. -grin- My husband's father used to say; "Don't look into family history, you never know what you might find." Your last line made me think of that.

    Cute little doggie. He knows who his friends are!

    🌸💐💮🌹🏵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Rusty. I can empathize. I also cringe when someone points a camera at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiggers don't like cameras either. Fs have to get really sneaky sometimes or put up with photos that have a sligtly exasperated look from Mr T. There's lots with him looking away. Poor Rusty, we wonder what gave him such fear of being photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anyone in our family has looked into our side of the family, my niece has tracked her mothers side of the family, but not back too far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it is fun to.searvh your family history.

    Rusty is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie...some treats might help the camera fears:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I remember Australia 1999. 40+C and a dog would not let go off me cause he could make me throw a stick over and over again, as I am afraid of dogs and thought otherwise he might bite me.
    His owner sadly thought I have fun, LOL!!!

    I sadly know not much of my family. Just what they told me when still being alive and that was not much as war was no funny time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of our information comes from online research and the obtaining of birth certificates etc. You could try doing that and might be surprised how much you can learn about your ancestors.

      Delete
  8. How cute little rusty is! Family history is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx