RECIPES

Monday 27 June 2022

Rattle and Spike

 

Two new little rats have joined our older boys, Mello and Spook.  Son has named the newbies Rattle and Spike.

Their colouration is black Berkshire, with a black back and white markings on the underbelly parts.  Rattle has a white tip to his tail, a little like a rattlesnake, while Spike has a longer white tip on his tail just like a spike.

They spent a couple of days in a smaller cage sitting beside the large cage, so that they could get used to each other’s scent.

There were no problems when they finally got together.




If anything, Mello and Spook simply adore them.  Grooming each other was soon the order of the day, and they now often snuggle down together to sleep.




We had fog again this morning, and that cleared away to mostly cloudy.  Judging by comments made yesterday, it seems our winter here is quite different to a lot of places so I am preparing to write sometime soon about our climate here.

Did you know a group of rats is called a Mischief?  Quite appropriate I thought 😊

Margaret.

 

8 comments:

  1. How nice that the new rats are accepted by the other two. I didn't know that a group of rats is called a mischief.
    I think it would be very interesting if you wrote about your climate some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those whiskers they have. Tigger is quite envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great addition to the mischief, Margaret - so glad to hear the newbies settled in well.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have had you weather here, very breezy and lots of rain storms, But it's typical, Glastonbury music festival has just finished and Wimbledon is about to start, so it's going to rain on and off for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We so underestimate animals. Yay for rats! They are inclusive creatures. Who knew? Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love the names you've picked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know what a group of rats was called...interesting. oh, if you could only here some of the mouse tales from here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love rats paws, they look so elegant. I love that a group of rats is called a Mischief. I would love to hear about your climate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx