RECIPES

Tuesday 7 June 2022

An Exhausting Week

 

It is a week since I last posted here but it feels like months ago.  My body has been fighting something, and throwing chills, headaches, shortness of breath, and utter exhaustion at me. 

I thought it might have been Covid, but the Rapid Antigen Test came back as negative so I presume I have simply picked up a bug of some sort somewhere.

Thankfully, I am on the mend again.  I still tire easily and everything takes a lot of effort, but any improvement is welcome!

Winter has arrived with lots of rain this last week.  This morning we had 100% humidity and a thick blanket of fog sitting over the city – one of the joys of living on predominately swampy land beside a river.

However, it cleared by lunchtime and we had some blue sky and sunshine before the clouds descended again and brought another round of rain.

Mittens and Millie are not impressed by rain.  They sit at the door and glare at it, before venturing out to do what they need to do (which lately has been bringing lots of mice back into the house).

Then, Cat Duties fulfilled, they will curl up in a nice warm spot and sleep off their adventures.




Have a happy week, my dear friends,

Margaret 😊

 

15 comments:

  1. My Angel used to love going out in the rain as long as it wasn't too heavy. Now I have Lola, and the law here says cats are to be kept inside or restrained to their own yards. I don't have a yard, so she lives inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mousers too. Unfortunately, they like to leave them in strange places like my shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been poorly - hope things continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon...just take it easy and let your body get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you’re recovering, Margaret. The flu has been making the rounds here, making people think they had Covid of course. If it’s not one thing…

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry...

    Think those rapid tests, can be unreliable. It surely sounds like "Damncovid."

    Whatever, keep resting. Your body has been through a *war,* and needs rest to recoup!!!!

    Lots of gentle hugs...
    🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you´re on the way up again!!! Here we go down with the temps again alas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you're not well Margaret, it's certainly a year of bugs, isn't it! I've close friends who have been knocked absolutely flat by something that sounds just like what you have had, and after a number of RAT tests the doctor even got a ?CPE? test - which was also negative. So it was this flu, not Covid, but very, very nasty. Give yourself time to snooze with Mittens and Milly.
    Best wishes,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you've been unwell. Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest. Hopefully soon you'll have more energy. It's hard when you just don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret- good to hear you arr on the mend after being unwell- nothing worse. Cold and windy here- down to 10 Deg C to-night...we need to stay rugged up all the time. I like your new Introduction photo- looks very good. Best Wishes. KEV. (Sydney- Australia).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have more sunshine than rain and get strong fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, I do hope you are able to rest and recuperate as you need as you get better. I am with your cats about the rain I much prefer to be indoors especially when the temperatures are low too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that you are very quickly restored to full health.
    \

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx