RECIPES

Tuesday 14 June 2022

Timmy The Rat

 

Maybe I am just a Big Softie.  Even though I am not fond of pet rats and cannot bring myself to pet them, I am still sad when one of them passes away.

Timmy Rat died peacefully last night, safely cuddled by his two brother rats.  We had been expecting him to go (he was very elderly, being over two years old), and he faded quickly the last 24 hours.

Son will bury him this morning in the garden, alongside his predecessors.




The weather forecast today is for partly cloudy with strong winds and only 20% chance of rain.  That will make a big change to the last few days, with all the heavy rain, strong winds, and thunderstorms.

We have had so many thunderstorms pass over us that I have lost count.  Some were a little further off and we only got the edge of them, but a few also came right over top of us.

Cataclysmic crashes of thunder that make the whole house shiver and shake are guaranteed to wake you up at 3.30 in the morning!

Looks like Winter has arrived 😊

Margaret.

 

13 comments:

  1. When I saw that face when your blog opened I laughed out loud. Poor ratty! Cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad whenever a pet dies, no matter what it is. ( Even fish... I used to LOVE my fish) As a kid, I had all kinds of pets. Now, I mostly stick with cats. I'm sure the rodent had a pretty cushy life without complaints. That seems good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pets do not live long....

    Nope I don't think I could pet a rat either, but.... Of course it is sad to have any pet die. But I'm sure, he had a good life.

    Eeeeek to those T-storms!!! And this is your winter. Interesting. 'Cause ours, is snow/ice storms. :-)

    I never told you how happy a lady you look, in your Icon!!!!! I think it and don't say it. Duhhhh me! But I finally said, how you look like someone, I would really enjoy knowing. In Real Life. But have to settle for knowing you and enjoying you, in Cyber.

    Gentle hugs,
    💗💓💗 💗💓💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that rats had such a short life span. It's sad to have a pet die even if it wasn't one you were terribly fond of.
    Where I grew up on the prairies the severe thunder storms that you have were common in Summer. Here in BC we rarely have anything close to that kind . I almost miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always felt that any little critter we welcome into our lives become a part of the family...Timmy is no different. I'm sorry...I know that's a sad time. Waiting for crashes of thunder here tonight as well...what they call a derecho. Straight line storms with rain and wind ... hoping the forecasts are wrong. Take care! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🐀 Rest in peace, Timmy Rat. 💐🌻 Angie from NC~USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a pet we would get but feel bad. It is hard losing a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Timmy...but then he had a life where he was safe and never in need of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Sorry about your loss. But it sounds like Timmy had a very good life and - unlike my poor mouse - did not go alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suspect that for most of us a pet rat would be low on our list of affectionate friends, and we might not even mourn its passing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear of Timmy's demise, but even if we may not appreciate a rat as a pet, we still mourn the loss of life.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx