RECIPES

Friday 10 June 2022

Salty Vegetable Soup

 

First, thankyou my lovely blog-friends for all your good wishes.  I am finally feeling much better, although I still get tired very easily.  But that will pass and I am happy to be back to near normal again.

Our weather here has been very turbulent today.  We have had three thunderstorms pass through, accompanied with heavy rain and squally winds, but thankfully it is not too cold.  Further south they are receiving snow, so they will be feeling much cooler down there.

I thought it would be a good day to have vegetable soup for our dinner tonight.  Soup and fresh buns, followed with a slice of steamed pudding sounded just what was needed for this winter’s day.  However, I just taste-tested it and I have put too much salt in the soup. 

One of the things with home cooking from scratch is that occasionally you have a meal that is not as good as it could be, but most of the time it is still edible.  This soup is still edible – just!

Hopefully the steamed pudding will turn out alright.




This evening we will be watching one of the semi-final rugby matches for Pacific Super Rugby – a game between our local Chiefs and the Crusaders from Canterbury.  It should be a fairly even-matched game so I’m looking forward to seeing it.  Who knows, we might just win!

Until next time,

Margaret 😊


16 comments:

  1. If your soup is salty add raw potatoes, they will suck up the salt as you cook them gently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too salty soup can be fixed by adding a diced potato and a half cup of water, cook until the potato is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't putting a potato in make things less salty?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the soup...i bet it was still enjoyed with the cool weather. I love the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that generally home cooked meals are perfectly satisfactory; it is restaurant meals that I often find unsatisfactory, having paid a whole lot more than cooking at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are better and food-wise.... fingers crossed! ;-)
    Ingo just served me a bought goulash-soup. I think there was one tiny piece of meat in it - I have a piece of cheese right now!
    Have fun with the game, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are resting up and feeling less tired soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know you're feeling better. Hopefully energy will soon follow.
    Too bad about the salty soup. I see others have mentioned that old trick of adding some water and potatoes to absorb some salt., Steamed pudding sounds good. Would you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to make it again so I can take some photos :)

      Delete
  9. So glad you are feeling better. Had to look back to read about your illness. I am awful about putting too much salt in dishes. Have done it many times. That is an amazing picture of the dark rolling cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, don't know what has happened to my comment.. pity the Chiefs lost last night!
    We had a friend visit from Hamilton today, and you definitely are having worse weather than us - stay safe.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pleased to read that you are back on the tracks. Dr Mittens worked her magic then? We cats know about the importance of rest to recovery. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope there were no complaints about the soup. It happens. Shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are feeling better.

    Isn't there a "solution" for too much salt taste? More potatoes maybe? :-)

    Perhaps one of your readers already told you.

    Wild weather calls for you dinner plan, for sure.

    🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear you are feeling much better!! Great! The picture of the sky is magical, like an old painting...
    Love from a rainy Sweden & Titti

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I hope you managed to fix your soup so that it tasted ok. I managed to put two teaspoons of bicarb in a cake I was making instead of the required one, it didn't taste any worse for it but was a little worried it would turn out a little weird.

    I love the photo in this post that is an amazing sky. I do hope your weather has not been too stormy as that looks like a stormy sky

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.