RECIPES

Wednesday 15 June 2022

A Nasty Little Sock?

 

Where do socks go when you lose them?  Well, we all know the answer to that – washing machines eat socks!

What happens then I have no idea, but obviously this time our washing machine burped and sent a sock down an outlet hose.  It made its exit into the laundry tub in grand style, slithering out in a slime of crud.

But, being a Nasty Little Sock, and obviously looking for revenge for the indignity if had suffered, it then decided to block up the drain on the laundry tub.

By the time we became aware of its nefarious activities, the water was sloshing over the top of the tub and we had a couple of inches of water covering the floor.

Towels, towels, and more towels to the rescue! 

Actually, it didn’t take too long to clean up the mess and wash the useful towels and put them out to dry.




So, who is really to blame for this little episode?  The washing machine?  The sock? Or the person who puts the laundry on to wash?

I shall have to put on my Agatha Christie hat and investigate further!

Have a happy day 😊

Margaret

 

15 comments:

  1. Glad you didn’t have any damage, Margaret! I hope one of our missing socks never turns up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that the socks in our machine are very well behaved, at least so far, and we have had no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, I had that happen quite a few years ago but it was my fault for not securing the hose to the inside of the sink, it had a mind of it's own and flowed all over the floor, which I hope yours is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floor is chipboard, but I think we found it in time. It seems to be drying out okay, thankfully.

      Delete
  4. Oh Margaret, I love how you have written this post - your use of language and vocabulary made this really come to life. Thankfully I have not had any socks taking revenge like that.... yet!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it probably cleaned things on the way through. And if you want to know what happens to so ks in the wash you need to read Terry Pratchett's "The Hogfather".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of The Hogfather - I'll have to go and see if I can find it.

      Delete
  6. I´m sorry, nasty as this is it made me laugh.
    You don´t have a Miele, do you? I found a Euro instead, good girl, that! (in German washing machines are female)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Miele. The machine is a very sedate Fisher & Paykel. I never thought of them as having a sexual orientation!

      Delete
  7. Considering the mess you had to clean up you've made quite an amusing tale of it. Just this week I managed to forget that I was filling the kettle. I left the kitchen and when I came back of course it had overflowed and created a minor flood. There's no question of who was to blame in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandma used the washboard. Yes :-)) Back to the roots is probably not always the solution.
    I wish you a happy day, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not fun, I mean. Just as previous message left I saw I had typed nit instead of not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it was really a LITTLE sock, guess you have to get one of those "laundry bags," which one puts LITTLE-ISH things in.... to wash/dry them.

    But meantime.... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..........

    💗💓💗

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.