RECIPES

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Another Senior Moment

 

Guilty as charged!  I seem to be having a lot of “senior moments” lately, usually as inane as losing my phone, but this morning revealed the worst one so far.

Younger Son was visiting and commented that my fuel tank was open and the petrol cap was missing.  My first thought was, “Oh no, someone has stolen my petrol.”

But it was me to blame.  When I fuelled up yesterday I obviously forgot to put the cap back on.  I remember placing it on top of the car, so that has disappeared somewhere along my journey back home.




Thank goodness for Wonderful Sons!  The two of them got together, found a new cap for me at a local auto shop and put it in my car.

So, I learned two new things today:  always check the cap is on before you drive off, and who knew that modern petrol tanks have a mechanism that stops all the petrol sloshing out of an open tank as you drive!

Keep smiling 😊

Margaret.

 

13 comments:

  1. That would be very easy to forget the cap; on my Ford Focus the cap is attached to the car, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily your sons were able to find a gas cap to replace the lost one. And, at the price of gas these days ,it's a good thing no gas sloshed out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy, sorry, you made me laugh! I´ve seen worse. Some drive off with the filling-thing still in the tank, so... no worries 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. my most recent senior moment was walking all the way to the shop and leaving my money at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, they seem to occur more and more often don' they? Don't worry, we all have them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not as bad as a birder who placed her high-end, expensive binoculars on top of the car while she got in, and drove off. That was the end of the binoculars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once drove away like that but it was the petrol attendant who was to blame. He was too busy talking to his friend. Thank goodness another car saw it and tooted and I got it before it disappeared . Happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those moments are so-o-o annoying........ I'm always quickly driving back home to check that the electric bar heater is off. It always is off, too lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't done that yet but sure have a list of others. :) Glad you didn't lose any of that expensive gas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did that once too and I was younger:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you goodness you were able to sort it easily and you didn't lose any fuel. I don't have a fuel cap on my car it has a special value on it instead but I have left the flap bit open on a number of occasions it was lucky it did not get knocked off by a passing car!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have started to.do that, but back in my younger days. Now, all the cars we have had for several years has the gas cap attached by a plastic type thing till it just hangs there while you fill up. Otherwise. Who knows how many times I would have driven away without replacing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.