RECIPES

Thursday 18 July 2024

What Fun

This morning, son and I scooted off to the Lions Club annual book fair.
This was the stash I came home with. 

I know my bookcases are already full, but the lure of some new books was irresistible!
I'm sure I'll be able to make some room - I have to LOL.
This was the view out the spare room window when I rose this morning. 

But the fog lifted, and this is how the day turned out. 

Browsing through my new books this afternoon, I found these pages in "The Housewives Handybook."

But the one that really made me laugh was tucked away on the back page.

The book, containing mostly recipes, was printed in 1964 by the Whangarei Young Wives' Group to help raise funds for the building of a new Anglican church.
I love these old recipe books and this will now be added to my collection. 
Margaret xx 



10 comments:

  1. A wonderful stash Margaret - I have several recipe books of that vintage too, and love the wee quotes at the bottom of the pages. It was quite the 'thing' at the time.
    We had thick fog here also, which we have not had much of this winter - it did clear to a gorgeous day though.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ Church in Whangarei is a lovely "modern" church. I see it was completed in 1963.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe book is a treasure. You never know what you're going to find at a booksale like that. Heavens I remember Lions Club fair in Te Puke in the 60s. Makes me a dinosaur lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good collection of treasures you found.That little book looks fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to pass by good books. The view out the window sure d I'd change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the old recipe books! I have one from my mom which is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that book and the citat is so cute. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found a treasure trove. So many hours of interesting browsing ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think looking for books is such fun, not necessarily a new bookstore but an old one where you can find some great ones! You definitely brought home some keepers – a terrific way to spend a foggy winter day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx