RECIPES

Tuesday 22 October 2024

Weymouth Beach

I have visited Auckland throughout my life, but have never been out to Weymouth Beach (near the suburb of Manurewa) before.
My friend and I made a short visit there yesterday and stopped at a few different spots along the coast.

Although close to the heart of the city, this residential area felt quite isolated at times although there were lots of people (often with a dog) out walking.

We saw cabbage trees in flower,

watched a pair of Paradise Ducks find lunch on the incoming tide,

and had our own lunch at Clendon McDonalds. 

Finally, we made a visit to Martha's Backyard, a Mt Wellington store selling American goodies.

I was very good and never bought too much  - although there does seem to be a lot of chocolate there!

It was a pleasant day out, the company was good, and it is always exciting to be exploring somewhere different. 
Margaret xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx