RECIPES

Tuesday 1 October 2024

School Holidays

The day was cloudy but fine, so I thought I would go for a walk down by the Lake.
I forgot schools are on holiday for two weeks, and it is a popular destination for anyone wanting to get the kids outdoors.  I was lucky to find a park.

A small stand of young kowhai trees were flowering. 

There were pukekos feeding down beside the lake edge.

And some other pukekos had retreated into a tree, presumably to avoid the crowds.

The pathway around the Lake is well-formed, making it easy for parents with strollers, children on push bikes, or folk in wheelchairs.

I enjoyed my wandering and the opportunity to do a little people-watching.
Margaret xx 


HEADER PHOTO FOR OCTOBER 2024
This photo is of Matakana Island in the Bay of Plenty.  It was taken in 2008 from the top of Mount Maunganui, back when I was able to climb it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx