RECIPES

Wednesday 2 October 2024

Use It

Many years ago, we lived next door to a lovely elderly lady.  It was sad when she learned she had a terminal illness, but she said she'd lived a good life and was resigned to it.
She told me she only had one regret in her life, and opened a cupboard to display a most exquisite teaset.  It had been a wedding present, she explained, and had been kept for use only on Special Occasions. 
The problem was it had never been used.  Whenever a suitable occasion had arisen, there were too many people for her to use it, and she also had a fear of it being broken.
She regretted never having enjoyed using it.

This is my teaset, also received as a wedding present.  I had it packaged up in a box waiting for a Special Occasion to use it.
Needless to say, I went home and unpacked it and can now look back and say it has given me many years of pleasure.
Life is too short not to enjoy things.
Margaret xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx