RECIPES

Wednesday 11 September 2024

Spring Sunshine

My husband used to say every year that I suffered from Spring Fever - the irresistible urge to be outdoors working in the garden and enjoying the warmer temperatures before the days got too hot.
The sunshine was beckoning me this morning, but I had to hang out the washing first (like many New Zealanders we line-dry all year, either outdoors or under the carport).
You can see my Little Garden beside the house wall.

I planted out some parsley seedlings, 


weeded the strawberry patch,

tidied up the silverbeet, 

and shuddered at the reappearance of the Paper Wasps. 

Then it was time to sit down with a large glass of lemon water. 
That was enough gardening for me for one day!
Margaret xx 

13 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. It seems like springtime always brings excitement, planting a garden and flower beds and watching them grow. Enjoy your warm sunshine 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have the little garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a bit of gardening with the sun shining, and the promise of a harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear about your spring weather as we head into Autumn very abruptly here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could get that curly parsley. It just seems to taste better than the straight leaf variety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it tastes better too - I really don't like the flat-leaf stuff :)

      Delete
  6. You did well, Margaret. The garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring fever is a real thing, I can see that you are looking forward to sunshine and warmer days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your garden and it looks like a manageable size which is a good thing. I know all about Spring fever. I bite off way more than I can chew, as the saying goes. Later I have lots of opportunities to regret everything I have to water and weed etc. Enjoy your sunshine>💚

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have always hung our washing out on the line or the hanger, using the dryer all the time is just way too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks wonderful. I too am feeling that spring urge but the weather has been non compliant. Maybe this weekend.
    We to dry on a clothes line outside, under the back veranda and even on clothes horses in the house. I don’t own a dryer. Don’t see the point

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better than the smell of lined dried clothes:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks just right...blue sky, laundry on the line, the garden coming in! You're gearing up, and I'm in harvest mode. So fun to compare...and spring fever is just fine...enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx