RECIPES

Thursday 5 September 2024

A Lovely Day

I just have to share this photo of last night's sunset clouds, as they were so different to what we normally see.

Today, it has been blue skies and sunshine all day.  Yellow sunshine, just like my freesia and the lemons.

I sat in a sunny window for a while and did some stitching on my apron.

I experimented with a different watercolour technique, but I'm not sure if I like the results or not.
But I did have fun doing it, and that is the main idea of my sketching. 

The grape is about ready to burst its buds.

After lunch, I visited Rusty and his hooomans.  I was lucky to grab this photo as he really does not like cameras.  One has to be sneaky to get a good photo of Rusty!

It has been a really lovely day.
Margaret xx 

13 comments:

  1. Here we have a weather warning for heavy rain until tomorrow evening, won't be going out anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your watercolor...you are gifted. Rusty is so cute. The clouds are interesting...I have always been a cloud watcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rusty is definitely giving you the 'how dare you?' Look. Your water colour looks good, perhaps a good base for some detail in ink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your water colouring attempt, Margaret! You have the soul of an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More colourful than my game playing today

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely day indeed.

    This is Sandi from Dandelion Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drawn to blue dishes...love that pot your African violet is in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those morning clouds are very interesting. I like different clouds! I like your water colour too.
    Nice little vignette with the blue dishes, yellow freesias and the lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is definitely in the air. Love seeing the plants all come back to life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those clouds even more than I originally thought...looking at them on my computer and all I can do is say WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty skies!! That looks like a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds a most satisfying day Margaret - I miss watching a grape vine bud - one day I may have another one, but there are more important things needed first.
    Not sure how I missed this post, but have been out of commission for a couple of days, so who knows
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx