RECIPES

Tuesday 17 September 2024

Cleaning Out The Freezer

It felt like winter again today, with heavy morning rain, wind (sometimes very strong), and a high of only 11C (52F).
I stayed indoors and took the opportunity to organize the small freezer on the refrigerator (we have a larger freezer in the shed and son cares for that one).
You've no doubt heard of things that lurk at the back of the fridge - well, they can lurk in the freezer too!
I found a few items I'd forgotten about (how do you forget chocolate?!!).

Some stray blueberries became a smoothie. 

And the unwanted shrimps got fried up for my lunch.

A quick wipe-over of the freezer drawers and everything was placed neatly back again.
I feel like I've achieved something today!
Margaret xx 


12 comments:

  1. Well done. You must feel satisfied wit your day's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shrimps look so tasty in the pan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you couldn't hear that chocolate calling but now you can reward yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive morning - and a great find, the milky bar that is! I remember cleaning a chest freezer once - that was embarrassing.... lets just say the compost bin was VERY full after that one! The next freezer I purchased has draws!! Much easier to keep tabs on things! Your lunch look yummy!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to comment - a freezer with drawers is a genius design. Alas, my chest freezer is just one big “hole”. Impossible to organize - I’m jealous!

      Delete
  5. That is a job well done! Wantvtomcome do ours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We cleaned out the freezer this summer. We are still eating discovered items! No chocolate in ours though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like finding treasure. Perhaps I should clean out ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Margaret you did great! No kidding about things lurking - I’m terrible about marking each leftover container with what’s inside - today I had to just pull everything out and the unrecognizable ones are thawing in the sink now. Lesson learned. Love what you did with your found goodies - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do that soon! Looks like a great lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx