RECIPES

Wednesday 18 September 2024

A Young Me

 

This photo popped up on my slide show this morning.  It was me – some 50+ years ago! 

I was almost overcome with memories, as the photo had been taken by my boyfriend who was soon to be my husband.

I remembered the day like it was yesterday, with the sunshine, the kowhai tree flowering, the cows in the paddock, the oak tree bursting into leaf.  It was taken outside the old homestead that I was brought up in, and we had made a sentimental visit (for me) for the last time as the farm had been sold and my parents were moving into town.




I now have a grand-daughter who is older now than I was in that photo!

This next photo popped up a couple of days ago, taken around the same time period.  It is of a brother and myself boarding the railcar (I was so fashionable LOL, with my big handbag and mini hemlines!).




Don’t the years pass by quickly when you look back on them?  At the time, life just seemed to be going along one thing after another but when you look back it seems to have whizzed by so fast.

Take time to appreciate each and every day,

Margaret xx

 

10 comments:

  1. I love those old pictures of you when you were a teenager. I agree, the years have gone by so fast. Too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. Margaret. Those definitely were the days when it was good to be young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long hair and mini skirts was my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing these...I sure understand the rush of feelings you had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and memories! Love the outfit, Margaret! The years fly faster the older I get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like it was just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing photos like this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The railcar....it's a long time since I've heard that. We used to go to Tauranga on the railcar. Very exciting.
    Love your old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to still have the photos and in good colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes they do . . . all we do is blink and we're another year older. I need to take an afternoon and look through my old family albums. Is fun to get lost reliving special times :)
    You talked about how fashionable you were . . . your little brother too, with his Beetle hair cut :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx