RECIPES

Tuesday 10 September 2024

My Watering Can

I have needed a new watering can for some time now, so called at a garden centre on my way home from buying groceries. 
I found what I wanted - but it was a bright neon lemony colour. Not something I could live with!
Then I spied some darker green ones up on a high shelf. A very helpful assistant found a ladder and got one down for me.
She then relieved me of $16.99 and I became the owner of this 5 litre watering can.  I really like the way the sprinkler part can be removed from the spout and kept somewhere it won't be lost.

The weather today has been very unsettled. I hung the washing out on the line but it got wetter instead of drier!

Happily, the wind was blowing and it dried during one longer gap between showers.
The dark part of the photo below is heavy rain.  There is also a helicopter in this picture - can you see it?


The cyclamen beside the driveway is flowering.  This plant is several years old now, and I just love the colour of its flowers.

I keep reminding myself that if it never rained, we would have no rainbows to enjoy!  
May we always have rainbows in our lives.
Margaret xx 

11 comments:

  1. We had two cans identical to that at our allotment. I like the way the handle goes top AND side. Beautifil cyclamen. The common small pink is flowering randomly all over the place here right now - graasy parks, woodlands, our garden and front yard. It is a Mediterranean plant I think but is making itself right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite an automatic sprinkler system I have at home, I still water my plants with water can too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbows indeed. I love a day which dries clothes on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful even with the stormy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fact that you hang your laundry out to dry. More people need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a smart watering can, and I would also prefer this color :) It is raining a lot here too. I saw in the shop today that the season for cyclamen had started, but that is as indoor pot plants. They are sold from now to December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have almost the same watering can, only mine doesn't have the sprinkling attachment, it only has the spout, but I love it. What else do I love about this post . . . that photo of your clothes blowing dry in the breeze. There is something so gentle and refreshing about the flapping of clothes hanging in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking watering can you found. Ingenious way of storing the sprinkling end💚💚.
    Your Cyclamen is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cylaman. That looks like a great watering can...I am on phone and really had to expand the view to spot the helicopter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cyclamen, and yours is looking wonderful Margaret.
    I eventually spotted the helicopter - after enlarging the photo massively. Do you get a lot going overhead with the hospital?? We lived in a couple of spots intown where we saw virtually every one that landed at the local hospital - my son's house was next to the hospital and they often watched them landing.
    Yes, the weather certainly is changeable at the moment!! I did get the washing 95% dry today...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get a lot of them going right over top of us heading for the hospital - I think we must live under one of their main "corridors" for landing. They always take off in the opposite direction. They used to wake me up at night, but now I just sleep through them! Mxx

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx