RECIPES

Thursday 23 May 2024

Za'atar Spice Mix

I PUT TOGETHER A NEW-TO-ME SPICE MIX TODAY.
IT WAS AN EGYPTIAN RECIPE FOR ZA'ATAR SPICE THAT I FOUND ONLINE.
 
IT WAS A SIMPLE RECIPE - MIX TOGETHER 1 TABLESPOON EACH OF CRUSHED DRIED THYME, GROUND CUMIN, GROUND CORIANDER, TOASTED SESAME SEEDS AND SUMAC, THEN ADD 1/2 TEASPOON SALT.  IT MADE 1/2 CUP.
I SPRINKLED IT ON MY LUNCH (NUT RISSOLES WITH LETTUCE AND COTTAGE CHEESE).

I THOUGHT IT TASTED A BIT LIKE DUKKAH.  YUMMY! 😋 
ENJOY WHAT YOU EAT,
MARGARET  xx


7 comments:

  1. That sounds an interesting mix - unfortunately dried herbs and I do not agree :( Your lunch looks delicious.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reminded me of first tasting dukkah in NZ many years ago. I made my own version when I returned. It was too much with fresh bread and local olive oil. I had to stop eating it.
    Za'atar is something I shall google . It sounds very good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just getting caught up for the week. Sounds like you have been busy. Love the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mix spice combinations to give food some taste. It put the enjoyment back in food for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the recipe...I'll mix some up! Sounds like it would be good on almost anything - mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now going to have to look up dukkah... I have not heard of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx