RECIPES

Friday 3 May 2024

Catching Up

THE MORNING WAS SPENT CATCHING UP ON THE HOUSEWORK THAT HADN'T BEEN DONE DURING THE WEEK.
THEN IT WAS INTO DOING SOME FOOD PREP AND COOKING.
SILVER MADE A VISIT TO THE KITCHEN TO SEE WHAT I WAS DOING.
AMONG MY FOOD PREP, I MADE BLANCHED BROCCOLI FOR MY SALADS (cook peeled julienned broccoli stem in 4 cups boiling water with 1 tsp salt for 2 minutes; add broccoli head, broken into flowerets, and 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil and boil 3 minutes; drain and leave to cool; store in fridge 3-4 days)
KEEP SMILING 
MARGARET xx

7 comments:

  1. Seems like there is always housework to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, I can appreciate his cuteness but I still can't bring myself to touch them!

      Delete
  3. Catching up is what I am doing today as well. In my case it's getting pictures off my computer and sent off to be developed so I can keep actual photo albums up-to-date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I've been thinking lately that I should be doing the same, as it is so easy to lose digital photos.

      Delete
  4. Silver is pretty cute! I just steam broccolli...I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That broccoli sounds wonderful - I am still picking spinach and small silver beet leaves for my salads...
    Silver is quite the cutie!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx