RECIPES

Sunday 26 January 2020

World Rugby Sevens


Our fair city of Hamilton has been the host for the World Rugby Sevens Series this weekend, and son and I have been watching a lot of the games on Sky Sport Live.




It was hot yesterday but much hotter today, with blue cloudless skies, and I feel a bit sorry for the guys running around on the field.

It is much more comfortable to sit inside beside a fan and watch the games on TV.  The only problem is the games come so close together there isn’t time for comfort stops!




We’ve been watching some of the tennis the last few days as well (at Auckland, and now in Melbourne), although son is more keen on it than I am.

I made a quick visit to the supermarket this morning before it got hot, and bought some deli pickled pork to try out.  It was a little fatty and the rind had to be cut off, but it made a tasty sandwich for lunch.

I also managed to get the washing dry and back in off the clothesline before it got too hot.  No folding done yet, though - that can wait until tomorrow morning.  My modus operandi at this time of year is to do as much as possible in the morning and then go slow the rest of the day.

Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend,
Margaret.

9 comments:

  1. I have never watched rugby or tennis...I am not sure any of our channels carry rugby, but I have a friend who loves tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan to do the bits and pieces in the morning before it gets too hot. Good luck with the rugby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your blog header photo. Waikato countryside is so beautiful. I love it. I'm off to the local beach each evening even when the tide is out. It's Manukau Harbour, but Titirangi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular photo was taken near Cambridge. I do miss my beach walks. I have never been to any beach on that side of the Manukau Harbour, an omission I should try and remedy I suppose. Keep enjoying your walks :)

      Delete
  4. The tennis wasn't much good for British fans this year - nearly all out in the first round, except in the doubles which hardly gets a mention here. Because of the time difference it's not on main TV -roll on Wimbledon - summer and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid I played sports but I have never been a big fan of sitting and watching it, i am sure I cannot be the only one who wonders how your lifestyle plan is going? I remember you started out with a list of goals etc and I am just curious as to how it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have been a bit lax haven't I? I will have to make a post about it in the next few days :)

      Delete
  6. I've never been very interested in sports but when my boys were at home and watched ( it was usually hockey) I'd be sure to pop down and watch the third period. That way I had some clues about what they were talking about when, after the game, they "analyzed" it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we could see the Australian open. They broadcast some tennis but not this and not Wimbledon either darn it.
    My summer routine is work in the early morning and then vegetate. Heat turns me into a zombie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.