RECIPES

Thursday 9 January 2020

Gone Potty Today

Son went a bit potty today!  He and I visited the garden centre this morning and came home with several plants, that he has now put into their respective pots.



The wind is blowing again this afternoon, and is so drying for the plants.  We may have to end up watering twice a day until they get settled in.


Son has been doing so much work around here and is getting things to be looking really nice.  Pity then that some anonymous neighbour, who did not even have the decency to sign his name, should leave a note in the mailbox complaining about the pile of rubbish sitting next to the fence.

The rubbish (it is all inorganic, there is not that much of it, and it is not visible from the road) is waiting for a skip to take it away.  This was going to be next week, but now son is digging his toes in and says it will be three or four weeks before he gets the skip. 



This afternoon I began re-organizing the kitchen pantry.  Now that we have been in the house several months we are beginning to see what is used and what isn't.  It has taken a little while to merge our two households together, but we are getting there quite successfully.

The pantry has become a work-in-progress as there are still several items spread over the bench awaiting sorting.  Tomorrow will be soon enough.

Margaret.

10 comments:

  1. Getting new plants is such a joy! I can hardly wait. The rocks you have surrounding the pots make a very neat appearance.
    Reorganizing the pantry sounds like my kind of an enjoyable challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have that one neighbour. I love your garden, the pebbles bring it all together, I love to use slate in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least that curmudgeon will have something to get under his skin for a while, which probably represents a happy state for him. It is sad that he has nothing else to occupy his thoughts. And what pray is a skip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he probably is happy! Some people have nothing more exciting in their lives.
      A skip is a large bin, delivered by small truck. Once filled, it is collected and taken to the tip. Construction sites often have really large one that they fill with their building rubbish. I should imagine you also have them, but obviously under a different name.

      Delete
    2. I kept hearing about the "roll-off" at son2's complex so I looked it up and learned that it is an open dumpster with wheels to facilitate rolling the dumpster in place. This particular roll-off was very hugs and contained furniture destined for the dump. I found a perfectly good set of chairs suitable for the garden in there ( I had to have a look inside, right?) I imagine your skip is a small version of a roll off.

      Delete
  4. I love picking out plants at the garden centre and nurturing them for the season. They are lovely surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so would be like your son...it is not as if he is not busy and doing something. I hope I get some new flowers this summer. I hope you show yours and how they grow...will be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I follow you on gfc # 22 ,follow back? :))

    https://lovefashionyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'garden' looks so pretty with the white pots and rocks. I hope the plants survive. It's been soooo windy here in Kaponga, too. I can't imagine merging two households, but I'm sure you will figure it all out :)



    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been windy here most of the week - but I know what sort of winds you get so I can imagine you have had it worse than us.

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx