RECIPES

Friday 3 January 2020

Missing The Beach


Home again this afternoon, house-sitting duties ended.  I enjoy caring for my two little charges (Rusty the dog and Merlin the cat) as they both have amazing personalities and make great companions.

Our clouds today are still a little dusky but much better than yesterday.  I guess the gusty wind we are now experiencing is moving the smoke haze on. 

The weather is warm even though it is windy.  From experience I know I most likely would not swim in the ocean at this time of year - too much seaweed tangling around the legs, and too many baby jellyfish pelting into the body - but I still miss living right beside the beach.

I used to love going for long early morning walks along the sand – traipsing around a city, even through a beautiful garden (which I have to drive to), just does not do it for my soul.

I took this photo, below, early one morning in 2012 when we still lived over-the-road and through-the-sand-dunes from this beautiful coastline.

Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty (2012)


My Makeover-Me plans are now heading back on track after the holiday period.  I am still struggling with my food selection and portions as they seem to jump all over the place, so I have decided to get more structure into it and have enrolled myself with WW (stupid name, they used to be called WeightWatchers). 

Already, within one day, I can see that I have not been as aware of my eating as I should have been (even with keeping a food diary).  Who would have thought that a tiny one-bite Xmas fruit mince tart could be so detrimental to the calorie/kilojoule intake?  I can see closer label reading is definitely needed!

Cheers to a future of healthier eating J
Margaret


Linked to Skywatch Friday

11 comments:

  1. I think if I ever lived close to the ocean it would be very difficult to move away.

    I hope you have a great 2020!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived close to that lovely beach I can sure see why you'd miss it. How amazing to walk along the edge of the water.
    Weight Watchers ( I agree, WW is just plain silly) sounds like a good idea and will be an encouragement to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some wonderful holidays staying at the Top 10 at Papamoa Beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived about 2km down from there, towards Bayfair, at Beachgrove Holiday Park - great memories :)

      Delete
  4. I have never lived close to the ocean, but I can see how it could have an enduring charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up on a small island and our house was right by the sea. There was no long beaches, but lovely to walk. I will always love the ocean. We can reach the ocean in 30 minutes from here we live, but it is not the same as living by it! Good luck with the WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with it. I’ll be glad when all the holiday treats have departed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing quite like a walk along the ocean. I wish I lived closer so I could take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful scene...I can sure see why you miss it. Good luck with changing your diet. I need to do that but just so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx