RECIPES

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Teenie and The Wind

We are still being blasted with gale force winds, although it has changed direction now and is coming from the opposite side.

It is a gusty wind and is picking up odd things around the place and tossing them around in the street like playthings.  Things like empty plastic bottles, bits of cardboard and packaging, the odd shopping bag, and even a McDonald’s burger box.  Most of them race past too fast to pick up, they dance around in front of you and then the wind picks them up and they are gone again.

Thankfully the rain has stopped and the clouds are beginning to break up and show some blue sky hiding behind them.  No matter, I have put off my shopping again and will go tomorrow if the weather is better.  No sense in going out if not really needed. 

Teenie, the scaredy cat

Teenie has the right idea.  She is the oldest of the three cats living here, and is cosily curled up and snoozing, except for that eye keeping a wary watch on me!  She is 15 years old now but still healthy and sprightly.   

Her only fault is that she is, and has always been, a scaredy cat.  She will spook at anything and spends most of her waking hours hiding behind chairs or under tables, watching the world go on around her but not participating in it.  If she gets disturbed she will scoot off for the nearest exit and disappear for ages before finally sneaking back inside. 

Teenie is very attached to my son who has had her since she was a kitten and is also the one who feeds her.  His bed is the only one she will sleep on, and he is the only one who can get close enough to pat her.  Not what I call an affectionate cat at all, although she does now accept me in the house and no longer hides from me all the time.

Until next time,
Margaret

5 comments:

  1. Teenie is beautiful. Its strange how animals, the same as people, have such different personalities. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my cat Grace, she will only sit on my lap, and she hids when anyone, including hubby comes in the house, she will sneak out if she knows the person, but family and friends know not to try and stroke her, and no one ever picks her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scaredy-cat indeed. Cats tolerate us the best of times. She sure looks cozy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had wind like you but it seems to have eased off now, hopefully we'll be out in the boat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats change over time, sometimes. Our Bubbie cat was definitely all about my daughter and husband till he broke his leg. Then it was me that would get on the floor and wrap myself around him when he still had a cast on. Since then, he is my baby. He likes everyone, but he LOVES me. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx