RECIPES

Monday 28 October 2019

Seasonal Decor


 This ewe was a busy mum with her triplet lambs (2006)


Occasionally I meet a person who believes in changing their home’s décor with the seasons and have always thought it sounded like a great idea, doing things like swapping heavy winter curtains for lighter summer ones, putting out throws on the sofas during winter, or creating a fireplace arrangement for summer.  It sounds like a nice way to mark the change of seasons.

My efforts are much less exciting and far more utilitarian.  With our temperatures warming up, I have now removed the electric blanket off the bed and moved my slippers to the back of the wardrobe.  Everything in my bedroom has been cleaned to make it sparkle, not that it was that dirty as we only moved in a couple of months ago.  I still have two sheepskin rugs on the floor as I like the look it gives the room, but once the days get hot they too will disappear into the blanket box, as I know it will make me hot just looking at them. 


Halloween pumpkins displayed on the porch (2010)


I once met a woman who loved to decorate her house according to the current season or holiday period.  She kept barrels of decorations stored away in her basement, all neat and tidy and labelled so they would be easily accessible when needed.  I wasn’t sure if I thought her efforts were Ultimate Clutter or Creative Fun, but the main thing was she loved what she was doing.

Always be yourself,
Margaret

5 comments:

  1. I don't decorate seasonally either. It has always seemed like something that those in the North American continent do and do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small old jug on my kitchen window sill, which I put silk flowers or leaves for each changing season. I started using fresh flowers, but they died off far to quickly. I have packed away the spring and winter arrangements, but they are only small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't really decorate seasonally, apart from the Christmas decorations. I used to change one set of curtains in the lounge with summer/winter but haven't done that for a few years now...although perhaps as it is already getting very cold the extra insulation on the 'winter' curtains would be a wise idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are similar to those here. Love the sheep photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to decorate for the seasons and keep my various 'stuff' in under-the-bed plastic boxes since I don't have much storage space since we changed our house to accommodate one of our sons and his family. We do have a garage attached to the house and keep a lot in there ( there's no room for a vehicle any more).
    I get a lot of my decorations at thrift stores and pass along things I've grown tired of. For me it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.