RECIPES

Thursday 24 October 2019

October in Bloom

Brrr.  It got cold again today, and tonight we have lit the fire to cheer us up.  Another week or two and we will probably be complaining about the heat!
It was a good day to sort out several drawers in my room.  I need to pare things down to a minimum as I just do not have space available to store things.  Each drawer has been designated a purpose – such as Sewing, Office, Decorations, Medical, Embroidery, Diaries and so on – and now I am trying to keep things related to each drawer in that drawer and dispose of the rest. It is not easy!

October is the month of Spring.  Below are some of the blooms I have seen in and around Hamilton during this month.  

Livingstone Daisies

Poor Knights Lily

Snapdragons

Ice Plant

An early Rose

Flag Iris

Rhododendron

Enjoy your beautiful flowers,
Margaret.

8 comments:

  1. Your flower photos are so bright and cheerful on a grey misty autumn morning in England. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. It's lovely to see them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see that the flowers are coming out 'Down Under' and hopefully the weather will be warmer for you soon too. Much chillier here now, getting colder each day, and more often than not it is grey and damp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we moved here years ago, I went from having a craft room, to sharing a room with hubby, I had to sort so much. On the plus side, having less stuff is great, I know what I have and where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to find things will be awesome! Often I know I have something but have been unable to find it when I want it. Knowing that if I still have it, it will be in such-and-such a place will be much less stressful.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh...I envy your spring blooms! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful flowers. We're expecting snow tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are so lovely! Makes me long for Spring!
    Sorting out and paring down must be quite a task.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.