RECIPES

Thursday 3 October 2019

Rugby World Cup 2019

Stayed up late last night and watched the two rugby matches played yesterday in Japan.  The first match was France against America – the French won 33 to 9.  It was a very passionate physical game for most of the time and I was glad no-one was badly injured.  The second match was our favourite sports team, the All Blacks, playing against Canada.  The score was a bit of a walk-over (63 to 0, to NZ) but the game was a good one to watch.  It was clean and well played, with the ABs showing a lot of skilful manoeuvres and Canada putting up a good defence. 
TV1, the main television channel, is broadcasting some of the main matches live and all the All Black matches on one-hour delay.  We got to watch both games live as we have a subscription to Spark Sport.  This World Cup is the first time a major sporting event has been streamed live into New Zealand via the internet, and was not without its initial teething problems.  However, we have had minimal issues and have managed to watch most of the matches so far (and what we miss seeing live is available “on demand” after the game ends).

Watching the rugby on television
 Go the All Blacks!
Margaret

6 comments:

  1. Hello. Welcome to blogland. Thank you for your comment on my blog, I'll add you to my sidebar and hopefully more people will pop over to read .
    I'm loving the rugby too, the games are on early mornings here and I seem to have missed several

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sue. I have been reading your blog for quite some time, but never commented before. My husband passed away soon after you lost your Colin, so I always felt an affinity with you.
      I believe England is 12 hours behind us here in NZ - so as your day is starting mine is just ending!

      Delete
  2. I'm married to a Welshman, who loves rugby, and is following the matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, he won't like me being an All Blacks fan then, will he? Although I will admit I love watching the Welsh play rugby as they are so passionate about their game. I always enjoy watching a good game - I sometimes think that is more important than who actually wins.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog from 'My Quiet Life in Suffolk'. Welcome to blog world. I follow a couple of other blogs in the Hamilton area and love to read about different parts of the world. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, thankyou for the welcome - and now I have found your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx