RECIPES

Thursday 10 October 2019

A Bit Of A Slow Day


Buttercups growing wild on a road verge

It has been a bit of a slow day today.  I slept in this morning after staying up to 2am to watch some of the rugby world cup matches in Japan.  Breakfast of Weetbix and a hot cup of tea, then did the usual daily stuff like making the bed and cleaning up the kitchen, washing some clothes and tidying up the house.  Son took his daughter out to the movies and then a spot of shopping as it is the last week of school holidays.  I took advantage of their absence and had a sneaky afternoon nap.  We had Chinese smorgasbord takeaways for dinner as a treat for grand-daughter, and then spent the evening doing a bit of television watching.  Just the usual mundane programmes until the first of a new sitcom series called Ghosts.  I believe it is an English production, and I don’t know if I am a bit strange or not but I found it hilarious.  It is a plain, very predictable comedy, probably a bit on the stupid side, but oh so funny.  I will be watching it again next week.

Off to have a proper sleep now,
Margaret

5 comments:

  1. I loved that programme, it is so funny and each one is as good. I can't wait for the 2nd seriers to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Ghosts. It is very funny and rather sweet too. Like Poppypatchwork I do hope that they make another series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need a regular old day to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've cancelled the France v England rugby on Saturday due to a typhon in Japan - the people who've arrived for the game feel a bit annoyed and will have to take shelter.
    I've not seen ghosts so will have to have a look and see what it was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sue, they have cancelled the All Blacks v Italy game on Saturday as well. I thought they might have just postponed the games, but apparently that is not an option.

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx