RECIPES

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Silver Teaspoons

The Waikato River flowing through Hamilton on a sunny day

Our forecast rain never arrived today so all the washing got dry.  I called in at my favourite bookshop this morning and bought two puzzle books.   One is a logic puzzle where a picture is revealed when colouring in the squares (pixels) according to the numbers given on the top and left edges, and the other is a version of the popular Japanese puzzle of Sudoku.



It is amazing how you can forget what you own.  I was sorting through a box earlier on, and came across a small black container with six silver-plated teaspoons in it.  I have no idea why I forgot I owned these, because they have sentimental value to me.  Perhaps it is because I have never used them. 

My grandmother's teaspoons

My mother gave them to me as a birthday present many years ago.  She had received them long ago as a birthday present from her mother, who put a little note in with them to say that she had received them as a wedding present.  My grandmother married in 1925, so these teaspoons are almost 100 years old.

My grandmother's wedding in 1925

My grandmother is the lady on the left of the photo.  I love the huge bouquet of flowers she is holding.

May your troubles be less,
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
(A Celtic Blessing)

Cheers,
Margaret.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely to have those spoons handed down the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo and the spoons are a treasure. That is quite the bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have the picture of your grandparents wedding! And the teaspoons which are heirlooms to be passed down in time to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.