RECIPES

Wednesday 23 October 2019

A Day Out


I had a wonderful day out today with a dear friend in Morrinsville.  Morrinsville is a town that is thirty minutes’ drive from Hamilton, and is set in the middle of dairy farming countryside.  Cows are so important to this town that they have created full-size cows out of fibreglass (I think!) and painted them to match the business they have been placed outside of.
So far there are over fifty such cows, and I saw a new one today outside the Police Station.  It is a Police Cow!


The Police Cow reporting for duty outside the Morrinsville Police Station


Friend and I caught up on all our news and I was able to have a look around her new home.  It was so light and airy and full of sunshine, and it made one feel happy to be there.  I was given an enthusiastic welcome by Lucy, the pet Maltese Shih Tzu.  She is like one big cuddly teddy bear and has a beautiful personality.


Lucy, the 2-year old Maltese Shih Tzu


After a bite to eat for lunch, friend and I headed down-town and visited a couple of thrift shops.  We had fun!  I bought two tops, a summer cardigan, a lightshade for my bedroom, and a couple of little trinkets.  I am slowly learning that just because I like something, it does not mean I have to buy it!


When I left this morning it was windy and raining.  Coming home this afternoon it was still windy, but I was bathed in brilliant sunshine.  I stopped and photographed these dairy cows ruminating beside a large weeping willow tree.


Dairy Cows enjoying the sunshine


Back in Hamilton just in time to get caught up in the start of rush-hour traffic.  Son is getting dinner tonight so I can relax.  He is very good to me.

Home is a wonderful place to live.
Margaret

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day out. I love the police cow, it even has a little walkie talkie! I love Lucy! Thank you for sharing your day out it is so nice to see a spring day as we are heading to winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you header. One of the lasting images I have of New Zealand is the waterfalls. Just beautiful!

    The cows are a great idea. The police one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you had a pleasant day with your friend and you even did some thrift store shopping. I like finding clothes at the thrift store ( as well as the other things I always manage to find!!). Have a good rest-of-the-week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx