RECIPES

Tuesday 1 October 2019

Spring Is Here

This is my very first time posting a blog!  It is the first of October today and the season of Spring has arrived here in Hamilton, as evidenced by the weather.  We have been having lots of rain mingled with sunshine, as well as the strong winds that always seem to arrive around the time of the spring equinox.  The ground is wet underfoot, but the temperature is growing warmer each day, and local gardens are full of flowering cherry and apple trees.  I drove to the shops this morning and loved all the kowhai (genus Sophora) out in flower.  Kowhai is the Maori name for yellow, and the flowers on these trees certainly are the colour of golden sunshine.  Enough to cheer up anybody's day!
Kowhai trees along Wairere Drive, Hamilton

Flowers of the kowhai tree
Until next time,
Margaret

8 comments:

  1. Our gardens here in UK are closing down, the days are getting shorter and it's much cooler. Enjoy your spring and summer, our's flew by far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the older I get, the faster the seasons pass. But I must say, I much prefer heading into summer than heading into winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to following your blog. My husband and I visited New Zealand and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Marie. I enjoy reading your blog as well :)

      Delete
    2. Wow this is so amazing grandma ❤❤I didn't know old people could do so much (Lol)

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! I cant wait for more! Lots of love❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to find your blog. It will be a lovely reminder of 'home'. Plus I lived in Hamilton for my last year of schooling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your blogging journey...I have two blogs. One for basically photos, and then one for everyday life which I don't post in but maybe once or twice a week. When things are going okay.

    These trees/flowers are enough to make a person feel joy just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx