RECIPES

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Life As Normal


After 24 hours of drizzly rain, the skies have cleared and we have brilliant sunshine and a few clouds floating around.  Not what was forecast at all.

The Iceland poppies have survived quite nicely.


I ordered a lowboy for my bedroom, to replace a blanket box that wasn’t really very suitable.  Target Furniture told me it would be a two week wait, but the drawers have arrived after only ten days – I am very happy J


The drawers are a great excuse for a bit of a change around, and Mittens decided to sit on the pillow and watch me (don’t you just adore that big fluffy tail?).

I think she thought she would be safe there, out of the way of everything happening but she could still keep an eye on it all.


The peacefulness of lock-down is now well and truly gone.  We have planes flying overhead, traffic noise in the distance, and the noise of construction happening not far away.

I guess life is heading back to normal.

Margaret.



9 comments:

  1. Your new piece of furniture will hold a lot of things. It will be fun to organize.
    So life is slowly returning to its noisy, busy normal. A mixed blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red poppies. The red against the green is brilliant. We still have a few wild poppies in the fields but there are so few this year.
    Lowboy, tallboy, I haven't heard those words in years. Yours looks just like the sort of storage we need.
    My cousin (84) grew up on their Apple orchard and has written her memories. I must look it up and see who she mentions. It would be very intetesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. The traffic here is getting busy, but only light aircraft in the skies, we live close to a small private airfield.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppies are my favs, nice to see :-)
    I´ve never heard the word lowboy, funny name!
    Mittens smiles, oh, is that cute!
    Yes, life is slowly heading back to normal, yet still masks on-time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We may get to long for Covid conditions to return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure Mittens is a great supervisor...as all cats are. How wonderful that you got the lowboy earlier than they said rather than it being later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Mittens is a beauty and wants to supervise for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you have Poppies Margaret! Sunshine plants :) I love your new drawers, they look simple yet stylish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx