RECIPES

Sunday 24 May 2020

A Bit Under The Weather


The last couple of days I have been feeling a bit “under the weather” and not wanting to do much, but am thankfully feeling much better today.

Sometimes I think we just need a day or two to blob out and do next to nothing.  It is like the body needs to take a break every now and then, to relax and rest.

A kind of recharging of the batteries, perhaps to stop us from becoming seriously ill.


This morning has been good.  Son and I got the washing machine connected properly to the hot water and so I was able to do a hot wash of towels (cold water is okay, but sometimes I prefer to use hot water).

When they were hung out I decided to give the washing machine a thorough clean.  That didn’t take long as it wasn’t too dirty.

But the tub beside it!!  When we moved into this place it was obvious a previous inhabitant had used the tub to wash paint brushes as the tub was badly stained and had paint spots all over it.

I thought that we would eventually have to replace the tub (it looked dreadful) but then I read that it could be cleaned with steel wool.

I always thought steel wool would scratch, but nothing ventured nothing gained, and there wasn’t much to lose if it didn’t work.

Half an hour of hard scrubbing with a soapy steel wool pad and the tub looks much more respectable.  It still has more to scrub off, but I am very happy with the results I am getting.



After a week of frosts and sunshine we are now heading into a week of wet weather.  A lot of places are still needing rain, so it will be welcome.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend J
Margaret.

17 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better today. I think I have been overdoing it. Fell asleep watching Antiques Roadshow last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know you're feeling better. Sounds like you have renewed energy ( scrubbing the paint splotched laundry tub) Good work getting it to look acceptable if not perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think that sometimes the weather itself makes us feel tired. I have had a couple of slowing-down-and-rest days, and the lockdown made me realise how important it is to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with listening to your body and having a slow restful day, I do it often as I get older. I'm glad to read you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear not good feeling unwell, I have bouts of urinary infections, but its wonderful when I 'm 100% well. Glad you were quickly recovered and isn't getting something really dirty clean very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am glad that you seem to have got over your malaise. The lowering clouds certainly portray a portent of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the clouds showed exactly how I was feeling!

      Delete
  7. You just have to go with your feelings, curl up and read!!
    Sometimes it just hits you,cespecially in these lockdown days.
    Hope you're feeling brighter now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I think you are right some times we need a day to do nothing. But, I am glad you are feeling better. Love the rainbow. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling better. The person who washed paint brushes in the washing machine must have been a little brain dead! Both our washer and dryer are starting ti get very temperamental, but they are both over twenty years old so I suppose we have had good service from them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good you are feeling better, I think it is right that sometimes we just need some of those days. I have been looking back at your last posts and love all the beautiful nature. I wish you a good new week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the clouds and love that rainbow! I am with you on sometimes I think we need a day just to be...to take a break from the everyday cares and worries. I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our dryer is not working well but we hang clothes out this time of year so we’ll leave it until late fall.

    Glad you are feeling better. A day to veg out can work wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know just what you mean about needing a day to yourself, my body tells me that every once in a while...old age I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We even had to get rid of the toilet when we moved in. Some people... yuck!Ohhh, a rainbow, hope you made a wish :-) I xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx