RECIPES

Friday 7 June 2024

Friday

A VERY RED SKY THIS MORNING MADE ME WONDER HOW MUCH RAIN WAS COMING OUR WAY. 
I FOUND A $3 DUVET COVER AT THE OP SHOP AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR MAKING MY APRON.
I STARTED CUTTING IT UP, THEN DISCOVERED IT RIPPED BEAUTIFULLY ALONG THE SEAM. SO MUCH EASIER THAN CUTTING!
THE FABRIC WAS QUITE STINKY, BUT THAT THANKFULLY DISAPPEARED ONCE IT WAS WASHED. 
I BOUGHT SOME THIN CARD TO LAY OUT THE APRON PATTERN.
PATTERN MADE, READY FOR THE NEXT STEP.
TODAY WAS ALSO THE DAY I ENJOYED EATING MY FIRST PERSIMMON OF THE SEASON.
ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN PARTLY CLOUDY ALL DAY, NO RAIN HAS YET EVENTUATED.
I EVEN GOT TO SIT IN THE GARDEN FOR A WHILE AND ENJOY SOME SUNSHINE!
MARGARET  xx

8 comments:

  1. I've never eaten a persimmon, not sure they are ever available here. Someone will know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sky is wonderful! It is great you were able to find fabric at the thrift store! It won't be long till you have a new apron! One of my sisters loves persimmons...and an occupational therapist I had loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, those red clouds usually mean a storm is coming – what a pretty picture. I’ve never had a persimmon. I’ll have to try one -and the fabric will be great for your apron. Can’t wait to see it when you’re done! Enjoy the weekend – of course I guess it’s Friday night there by now, and I’m just getting started with the day. Fall weather here today so grateful since I have lots of yardwork to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lace tablecloth is impressive! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That duvet cover provides you with quite large pieces of lovely fabric. Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fabric, glad the smell washed out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the apron. Great find of material!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx