RECIPES

Thursday 27 June 2024

Blue Skies

Today was one of those rare winter days where the sky was cloudless and blue and the sun felt warm if you could find a sheltered spot to enjoy it.

I sat at a table in the sun to do some stitching. 
Mittens was quite happy to sit beside me and soak in the warmth.

I finished sewing the pocket on my apron.

A wander round the garden discovered my potted Daphne odora is bursting into flower.

The sasanqua camellia is also flowering,

And I found the first buds on my dwarf sweetpeas, which aren't meant to flower until spring.


Blue skies and sunshine make for a much  happier mood than grey clouds and rain!
Margaret xx 


10 comments:

  1. The sasanqua camellia is lovely. I never know its name until you mention it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats a sunny day, love your apron pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Margarete, how wonderful that you have such wonderful flowers in your garden in winter... our winter is white - with lots of snow - or gray and cloudy. I think you can enjoy this time, especially this wonderful blue sky.
    Beautiful sewing work you did... what sweet fabric... adorable.
    Much joy to you.
    A hug from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain here, record-breaking rain recently. At least it is moderately warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a perfect way to spend a winter day, stitching with Mittens close by and sitting in the sunshine together. Flowers popping up in winter I’m still surprised me - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet pocket! I bet Mittens is a big help! The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, sunshine does make one happier than grey clouds and rain. The latter is exactly what we're having again today ( same as yesterday and also the next 4 or 5 days). We'll have our annual family BBQ on Canada Day
    (July 1) rain or shine but I hope we'll see the sun for a few hours in the afternoon.
    Your Camelia is gorgeous. I can imagine the fragrance 💗

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not quite warm enough yet for buds down here but I see that my jonquils are starting to flower. They're a real bright spot in the winter and make a great show across the front of the house from about mid winter onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is very consistent. At first glance, I thought it was machine stitched!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx